Advantages of Burglar Alarm Systems
In today’s day and age, there’s a lot of speculation about whether or not to install a security system (also known as a burglar alarm system), and whether or not to get it monitored by a professional alarm company.
There are many advantages to having a monitored burglar alarm:
- receive a call and email when someone breaks in
- if someone does break in the proper authorities will be dispatched and horns will sound
- assurance that until you get a call everything is fine at home
- saving money on home insurance (up to 15% in some cases)
- log of activity of who armed and who disarmed the system at what times
- control your alarm through an app on your phone or check in from a different computer (with internet communicator only)
- monitor other life safety conditions at the same time like smoke detectors, water sensors, furnace fail detectors, natural gas, and more
By going with a non-monitored system, you do lose out on some of the above, however you still can scare away any intruders with sirens and/or strobe lights. And you would know which zone(s) on the alarm tripped by looking at the memory. This is certainly better than not knowing anything happened at all!
Don’t have a phone line? No sweat. Alternative methods of communication are available.
Ottawa’s #1 Security Company
Barnes Protection Services is pleased to offer monitoring services from as low as $20/month. Call us today to book your free security consultation. We have been installing burglar alarms since 1985 and pride ourselves on our level of service.
Barnes Protection Services Inc.
28 Merner Ave, Ottawa ON