WHAT IS Z-WAVE TECHNOLOGY?
- Z-Wave is an established international standard that has was established in 2005
- Uses 900 MHz Radio Frequency to communicate with a variety of residential applications
- Interference-free operation in Wi-Fi environments
- Plug and play
- Creates a uniformed home communication
- Can control lights, access control, locks, thermostats and other security products being released everyday
WHAT IS Z-WAVE TECHNOLOGY USED FOR?
- Using Z-Wave can enable superior energy management and access control applications
- By integrating thermostats, lighting and automated scheduling it can significantly reduce your electrical and heating costs
- By integrating locks it can add a extra security and remote capability
- Turn any home into a smart home with Z-Wave technology
BENEFITS OF Z-WAVE HOME AUTOMATION
Z-Wave Technology allows users to replace certain traditional standalone devices in the home, such as light switches, plugs, thermostats, etc to their “smart” counterparts. This allows the device to be operated in its original standalone mode, or remotely via smartphone apps or internet browsers.
Home Automation uses this communication network for creating “scenes” that can reduce a home’s heating and energy use. The “Away Scene” might be used to turn off the lights, lock the doors and lower the thermostat.
Save on energy by incorporating both HVAC and lighting into the control operations. Remote access and event scheduling are also typically included in a Z-Wave home automation system.
Let the security system help by allowing event based actions, such as increasing the temperature when the system is disarmed after work, or by closing the main water valve when a water leak is detected.
Program your system to it’s most practical scene even on the go with total control via your mobile app or internet browser. No advance scheduling required.
Home automation used to be a very hard system to implement, however these days it can be a lot easier and less expensive that you think. Call Barnes Protection Services today to discuss how we can help you get your home to a new IQ level today!