PERSONAL LIFE SAFETY DEVICES: PENDANTS, WRISTBANDS AND KEYCHAINS
There are 3 kinds of Personal Life Safety Devices that we choose to install. Alarm-based systems and Independent systems require phone lines, internet and/or cellular transmitters to communicate with the station. The Mobile system is completely enclosed within the pendant. Our monitoring plans start at $20/month + HST for alarm-based and independent systems, while the mobile system plans start at $35/month + HST.
Alarm System Based Personal Life Safety Devices
- These systems are the least expensive, especially if you are already a monitored customer. There is no increase in monthly rates to have a supervised panic/medical alert button on your account. When pressed, the monitoring station sees the signal and will take specific action such as contacting loved ones or EMS. This type of system will only work in and around the house, and has no GPS tracking function within. They can be worn around the neck, on the wrist, or on a keychain. They are waterproof and some types have fall detection technology.
Independent Personal Life Safety Devices (PERS)
- If you don’t have a monitored alarm system, this would be the next least expensive option. They are known as PERS systems, or Personal Emergency Response Systems. They are similar to the first kind described, except instead of using the alarm system they use an independent one that plugs directly into your home phone lines. It comes with a button that can be worn around the neck, wrist or on a keychain. They are also usually waterproof. However again there is no GPS or tracking ability, and they only work in and around the house.
Mobile GPS Personal Life Safety Devices
- These systems are the latest in terms of mobile life safety. They have a GPS locator that works on the 3G nationwide network. They have built in 2-way voice directly to the monitoring station. They feature a waterproof design with extended battery life of 72 hours between charges. They can be programmed to send alerts if the signal goes outside of a predetermined area. They even have fall detection technology. These devices will work anywhere where there is cellular coverage. A monthly fee is required for these types of detectors.
LIFE SENTRY STAND-ALONE MEDICAL EMERGENCY COMMUNICATOR
THE ORIGINAL PROFESSIONALLY MONITORED TWO-WAY VOICE MEDICAL ALERT SYSTEM
LifeSentry offers the ability to summon assistance at any time with the touch of a button. LifeSentry utilizes patented two-way voice communication right through the pendant for coverage in and around the home. The base station plugs into any standard telephone jack and can be programmed to contact any central station through Contact ID or 4 + 2 format.
The LifeSentry is ideal for dealers looking to increase their recurring monthly revenue. Simply program a primary and secondary number for the central station of your choice. The user will be able to communicate with the trained professional right through the pendant upon activation.
- Programmable to any central station
- Primary and secondary number and 4 digit user ID code
- Choose your own 4 digit dealer security code
- Choice of daily, weekly or monthly periodic test intervals
- Choice of transmitting restore codes
- Can be programmed or downloaded remotely over the phone
- Full supervision: Pendant communicates with base station every 13 hours to ensure proper connection
- Central station is contacted in event of a power outage or low battery or loss RF signal
- Audible prompts during set-up, programming, testing and full system check
- Pendant has rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Hours of talk time or up to 6 months standby time on a single charge
- 24 hour emergency battery back-up
- Combination of 4 pendants or Emergency Wall Communicators programmed to one base
- Water resistant pendant
- Built-in line-seizure relay seizes line during an emergency (optional use)
- Model #: 37911